From its humble beginnings, St. Paul's has always existed to proclaim the good news of Jesus to a broken world. The first worship service was held on January 4th, 1869 in a public school building a mile west of the current church property. In 1871, discussion began about building a church.
Though the details are sketchy, the first mention of a school session was in the summer of 1869. It is unclear where these classes were held, but in 1877 the pastor began teaching school in the parsonage attic. Since those early days, the Christian education of children has been a priority for the people of St. Paul's. Proverbs 22:6 remains central to our congregational life: "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." But St. Paul's is not about dates and buildings--it is "home".
Spanning three centuries, this congregation has been about the love of God working through His people. Today, our church family and school regularly welcome visitors and new members of all walks of life. The people of St. Paul's are active in ministry, worship, education, missions and service to our community. We have deep respect for our heritage, and we look to the future with hope and anticipation. The Holy Spirit is at work here. We love the Lord. We are not perfect people. Each of us is part of the broken world that needs the good news of Jesus every day, in every way. Only the grace of God gives us hope for the future. We want to proclaim His grace, good news, and the love of Jesus to the broken world around us, always.
To God be the glory!